How to play guide for When Rivers Were Trails
This page will serve as a basic how to play guide for When Rivers Were Trails. While there is very little information available at this time, we urge you to check back often, as new information is being added all the time! Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions.
Basic Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Balance your wellbeing, foods, and medicines to thrive. Make decisions along the way.
Educational Guides[edit | edit source]
- "Exploring When Rivers Were Trails with the IntelligameClub," Josh Boykin, IntelligameClub, August 27, 2019.
- "Quick Educator Review – When Rivers Were Trails," Jeremiah McCall, Gaming the Past, January 20, 2020.
- "Position Statement on Indigenous Peoples and People of Color (IPOC) in English and Language Arts Materials," National Council of Teachers of English, January 16, 2020.
Controls[edit | edit source]
Move from place to place across the map. Where there are many florals, the way is blocked.
You can click on the compass to move directions or use Arrow Keys.
- Up Arrow = Move North
- Down Arrow = Move South
- Left Arrow = Move West
- Right Arrow = Move East
Make decisions during scenarios and random happenings by clicking on your choice.
Canoe your way through the river without crashing.
- Left Arrow = Move Left
- Right Arrow = Move Right
Hunt animals using your bow and arrow. You only get three shots, so use them wisely. Offering tobacco boosts your bow and arrow.
- Click Mouse on Tobacco = Offering Tobacco
- Tap Spacebar = Shoot Arrow
- Left and Right Arrow Keys: Move the bow and arrow left or right respectively.
- Click Mouse on Target to Attempt a Catch